The Suncoast Credit Union is partnering with Champions For Learning to offer five (5) $2,000 scholarship awards to high school graduates in the Class of 2017. Class of 2017 high school graduates in Suncoast Credit Union’s 21-county service territory have the opportunity to apply for financial support to continue their education, thanks to a $116,000 investment in scholarships by the Tampa-based credit union’s Foundation.
Applications are now open and are available. Click here to download the application.
All applications must be received by 5pm on January 13, 2017 at the Champions For Learning office, 3606 Enterprise Avenue #150, Naples, FL 34104.
To be eligible for the Suncoast Credit Union Scholars scholarship:
- Applicants must be a current high school, college bound senior, who is currently attending a public or private high school or being home schooled in Collier County.
- Scholarship recipients must enroll in an accredited Florida 4-year college/university, 2-year college or technical school and begin classes in the 2017-18 academic year.
- Must have an overall unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4 point scale.
- Must have completed the 2017-18 Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have an expected family contribution (EFC) between 0 and 5328 to demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or an eligible non-citizen.
- NOT be Directors, employees, or family members of Directors or employees of Suncoast Credit Union, Members Title Company, Members Insurance Services, Members Trust Company or Suncoast Realty Solutions LLC.
- Applicants are required to submit one 500 word or less essay that answers the following two questions. The essay must be typed using 12-point font and single spaced.
- How would this scholarship impact your education?
- What are your aspirations after college?
This year’s Suncoast Credit Union Scholars program represents a continued philosophy of the foundation to support education initiatives and the well-being and potential of children. Since its inception in 1990, the Foundation has contributed more than $13 million including more than 550 student scholarships valued at nearly $1 million.
“We believe the best way we can build better communities is by investing in education and health-related initiatives for children,” said Cindy Helton, Executive Director of the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation. “Through the Suncoast Credit Union Scholars program, we have the opportunity to invest in individual human potential, which is particularly rewarding.”