Champions For Learning announces their 2018-2019 Board of Directors. This group of professionals and community leaders is committed to a vision of a community that is 100% engaged in support of student success. Champions For Learning serves a unique role, as The Education Foundation of Collier County, in bringing the community together to support a culture of learning and innovation
“Our Board of Directors consists of individuals who are very dedicated to providing life-changing learning experiences to every student,” says Lynn Davidson, Board Chair. “Each board member brings their own expertise and passion to the organization and I am honored to serve among them. These community leaders exemplify that vision of our future in Collier County. “
Members of 2018-19 Board of Directors for Champions For Learning include:
- Lynn Davidson, Board Chair, Retired Executive Vice President-Time Warner
- William R. Barker, Immediate Past Chair, Southeast Regional President, USA Today Network and LocaliQ and president of the Naples Daily News and The News-Press
- Chuck Carlsen, Vice Chair, Owner / CEO – Fluidall, Inc.
- Beverly Feagin, Vice Chair, Retired Vice President- Securities Analyst & Investor Relations Consultant
- Nancy Potter, Vice Chair, Founding Member- Nelson Auto Group
- William M. Burke, Secretary, Attorney- Coleman, Yovanovich & Koester, PA
- Kenneth P. Thomas, Treasurer, Community President- Huntington Private Bank
- Danny Pate, At-Large Executive Committee, Vice President of Operations- CenturyLink
- Mary Beth Geier, At-Large Executive Committee, Florida Director- Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation
- Susan McManus, President– Champions For Learning
- William Beynon, President & CEO- Capital Wealth Advisors
- Mike Christopher, General Manager at Naples Daily News, and GPS National Sales Director
- Anne Fleming, General Manager- Waterside Shops
- Bill Hall, Retired CEO- WL Hall Company
- Michael Jean-Baptiste, Accountant- Gulfshore Insurance
- Daniel Lampe, Senior Vice President- Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
- Stephanie Lucarelli, School Board Vice Chair- Collier County Public Schools
- Barbara Melvin, Vice President- First Florida Integrity Bank
- Kamela Patton, Superintendent- Collier County Public Schools
- Dawna E. Pipersburg, Owner & Manager- Rembrandt Accounting & Tax Services
- Jacqueline Rodriguez, Vice President of Service Operations- Suncoast Credit Union
- Martha Rozman, Marketing & Operations- Delta Air Lines
- Mario Valle, Relationship Manager- PBS Construction Company
Champions For Learning (The Education Foundation of Collier County) has recently been awarded a 4-start rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator, for its strong financial health and commitment to accountability and transparency.
This is the sixth time that Champions For Learning has earned this top distinction. The 4-star rating is the highest possible rating and indicates that Champions For Learning adheres to sector best practices and executes its mission in a financially efficient way.
Champions For Learning is among only 23% of the charities evaluated who have received at least 3 consecutive 4-star evaluations, indicating that Champions For Learning outperforms most other charities in America.