Connect Students to their Future
Champions For Learning makes it possible for the community to impact lives by enriching the environment for student learning by:
- serving middle and high school students through volunteer-based college and career readiness models
- investing in and sharing the great ideas of teachers and school leaders
- bringing the community together along with educators, students, parents and business leaders to work toward common goals
"Champions For Learning has given me so many opportunities, I am so grateful to have been a part of this program."
- Hailey 2019 Graduate
"I really wanted to get involved with an organization and thanks to mentoring I was not only able to help a young person, but also have them impact me. The people at Champions For Learning are wonderful. They create amazing support. Volunteering with them has been very satisfying and a wonderful experience. "
– Jack Toren
Take Stock in Children Mentor
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime. Champions for learning has taught me to fish. They have taught me so many skills, which will allow me to succeed in the future."
– Melissa 2018 Graduate
"When we motivate students to learn, they prove that progress can happen far beyond the four walls of a classroom. When we to building relationships, celebrating success, and setting high expectations we empower them."
– Amanda McCoy Manatee Middle teacher
"As a community, we have to place value on learning, and we have to support it actively. One way to do that is to create opportunities for educators to collaborate and share best practices. It’s pretty simple, the stronger we make our teachers, the stronger their students will be."
– Cindy Helton Suncoast Credit Union, Executive Director