Share Your Time and Talent
You can make a difference for students and teachers in our community! Champions For Learning, the education foundation in Collier County, is seeking volunteers to help creating life-changing learning experiences for every student.
With the support of our volunteers, Champions For Learning empowers teachers and educators, supports students and parents, and promotes community-based collaboration and learning. No matter your commitment, profession, or schedule, you can help Champions foster a community 100% engaged in support of student success.
Whether you’re looking for a weekly commitment or a one-off event, we have numerous volunteer roles to complement your interests and schedule.
No experience is required, and an orientation/training is provided. Keep in mind some opportunities have ongoing availability, while others only occur during specific times of the year.
- Mentor – mentor a high school student during the academic year
- College & Career Preparation Coach – assist students with college or career prep tasks, such as career exploration, resume writing, interview skills, and more
- Student Selection Committees – read, review, and score submitted student essays for scholarships and/or acceptance into one of our programs
- Financial Aid Volunteer – guide students as they complete financial aid forms (on hold)
- Grant Selection Committee – review and score local teacher grant requests
- Classroom Deliveries – recognize teachers in their classrooms (on hold)
- Conversation Leader – facilitate an inclusive conversation at a community roundtable
- Outreach Volunteer – spread the word about Champions For Learning throughout the community
- Office Volunteers – assist with front-desk greeting, projects, mailings, etc.
- Event Committee – help sell tickets and secure auction items
- Event Support – preparation for events and on-site logistical support
- General Delivery Volunteer- help with various delivery needs
Want to Learn More about how to join in?
Attend a virtual Champions 101!
Learn more about how our work is impacting students, families, and teachers in Collier County. Champions 101s are informational sessions that serve as an introduction to who we are, what we do, and how to help.
Interested in learning more about mentoring with Champions For Learning? Join us at our next All About Mentoring learning session to better understand information regarding the mentoring program and the role and responsibilities of a mentor, including the next steps to becoming a mentor.
For upcoming dates and to reserve your virtual spot, click here.
Ready to get started? Complete the Mentor Application below.
“I volunteer because I believe I have experience, ideas, and time to share that can benefit others. Helping others makes a difference in their lives and in mine.”
-Russ, Champions For Learning Volunteer