National Teacher Appreciation Week
May 3 – 7, 2021
We are so thankful to teachers and principals across Collier County for the extraordinary work they have done to keep our students moving forward during this year’s ever-changing circumstances. The passion of our educators and the outpouring of support from the community certainly have made this year one that IS worth remembering.
There are many ways for the community join in and help thank our educators. Here are just a few ideas of how to express your own appreciation:
- Tune In! Watch the Golden Apple Celebration of Teachers TV show… click HERE to watch the recording. While the program may look different, it continues to be the expression of gratitude for our educators and we encourage you to watch and understand the story of teaching and learning in this extraordinary year.
- Join In on May 4 during Teacher Appreciation Week! Thanks to the support of the Golden Apple sponsors, each of Collier County’s public schools will be given $2,000 to create a special appreciation celebration for their school community. And, on Tuesday, May 4, we encourage the entire community to express appreciation and gratitude for our schools and educators.
- Download and share this FLYER to help spread the word for both the Golden Apple TV show and the May 4 Teacher Appreciation activities.
- Show your support for our educators by placing an “Educators are the heartbeat of every community” yard sign in front of your home or business during the week of May 3-7!
$25 for one yard sign | $40 for two yard signs | Text “SIGN” to 44-321 or click HERE to purchase yours today!
All proceeds go to the Classroom Grant fund, supporting teachers throughout Collier County in creating innovative learning experiences for their students. Signs are available to be picked up 4/28 – 4/30 8:30am – 5pm at Champions For Learning (3606 Enterprise Avenue, Naples).
- Download and print the teacher appreciation poster or find a pull-out poster in May 2 edition of Naples Daily News: Full color version or Grayscale version
- Honor your child’s teacher with a Teacher appreciation certificate: Full color version or Grayscale version
- Thank your child’s teacher through social media. Be sure to include the #ThankATeacher and #GoldenAppleCollier hashtags in your message, video, or photo!
- Write a thank you card to send to a local school. All Collier County Public School addresses can be found here: https://www.collierschools.com/domain/80
- Ask your child to read a book aloud that honors teachers and post to social media (book idea: “Because I Had a Teacher”).
- Post a message of gratitude for teachers on your marquee or outdoor signage the week of May 3rd.
- Encourage your employees to share messages of gratitude with educators and their children’s teachers.
- Conduct an office fundraiser to collect funds to support teacher classroom grants at a school near you.
- Offer teachers a free or discounted item the week of May 3rd.
Fund Classroom Grants:
- The Classroom Grant program allows teachers to request classroom grants that will come directly from the community to create innovative learning experiences for their students.
- 100% of these contributions go directly to classrooms through Champions For Learning’s Classroom Grant program. Click HERE to fund a classroom grant or text Apple21 to 44-321.