National Teacher Appreciation Week
May 3 to May 7, 2021
We are so thankful to teachers and principals across Collier County for the extraordinary work they have done to keep our students moving forward during this year’s ever-changing circumstances. The passion of our educators and the outpouring of support from the community certainly have made this year one that IS worth remembering.
Our Golden Apple television program kicks off Teacher Appreciation Week: May 3 – 7. Thanks to the support of our Golden Apple sponsors, each of Collier County’s public schools will be given $2,000 to create a special appreciation celebration for their school community. And, on Tuesday, May 4, we encourage you to express your own appreciation and gratitude for our schools and educators.
Here are just a few ideas of how to express your own appreciation:
- Download and print the teacher appreciation poster: Full color version or Grayscale version
- Honor your child’s teacher with a Teacher appreciation certificate: Full color version or Grayscale version
- Thank your child’s teacher through social media. Be sure to include the #ThankATeacher and #GoldenAppleCollier hashtags in your message, video, or photo!
- Write a thank you card to send to a local school. All Collier County Public School addresses can be found here: https://www.collierschools.com/domain/80
- Ask your child to read a book aloud that honors teachers and post to social media (book ideas: “Because I Had a Teacher”, “Hooray for Diffendoofer Day”).
- Post a message of gratitude for teachers on your marquee or outdoor signage the week of May 3rd.
- Encourage your employees to share messages of gratitude with educators and their children’s teachers.
- Conduct an office fundraiser to collect funds to support teacher classroom grants at a school near you.
- Offer teachers a free or discounted item the week of May 3rd.
Fund Classroom Grants:
- The Classroom Grant program allows teachers to request classroom grants that will come directly from the community to create innovative learning experiences for their students.
- 100% of these contributions go directly to classrooms through Champions For Learning’s Classroom Grant program. Click HERE to fund a classroom grant or text Apple21 to 44-321.